Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Weekend with Friends

We celebrated Memorial Weekend in a couple of ways. First, I ran a 5K on Saturday morning - Miles & Papa watched me finish. It was the Color Me Rad 5K and it was a lot of fun. Definitely not a serious race - and they don't even time you. The whole point is just to have fun and get color bombed! Which is good - because I signed up for it a week before and I didn't train for it at all. I ran the race with Tim's coworker, who I met for the first time. She was nice and I'm glad I got to run with somebody. I was a little worried about the race the night before since I honestly haven't done any form of working out - but I did fine. It gave me motivation to finally start working out in any shape or form, which is a plus =)
 Saturday afternoon, my friends Melissa, Marilen, and Daisy came to visit for the weekend. They live in New York and in DC - so they took an Amtrak to us. (Well, Marilen lives in Michigan, but she was in town visiting her sister) We had a great time with them. We relaxed at home, ate a lot of food and "merienda", watched a Filipino movie at home plus a bunch of random stuff on Netflix, and also went to church on Sunday. I always have a great time with my girl friends and this visit didn't disappoint! Lots of laughing happened! =) They had a nice time at our new place and had a lot of fun with Miles.  I'm so happy they got to visit us. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Melissa since she is a lot closer now.

Here is a video of everyone hanging out at home. Melissa was having a lot of fun with Miles - trying to get him to hug her. haha Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment