Miles has been fascinated by Santa for quite some time now. First, it started with this Christmas tin full of dried mint from my mother in law. She gave it to us awhile ago and whenever I open the pantry, Miles always points to Santa on the tin and asks "Who's that??" And from then on, I always answered Santa. Now that the Christmas season is here, we see Santa everywhere and Miles points him out alll the time. =) He absolutely loves Santa. I gave him a Santa hat and he loves to put it on and say "Santa's hat" heh So adorable.
Last weekend, we got in the Christmas spirit by getting our Christmas tree. We went to a cut your own tree farm, so that was a neat experience. Tim did great cutting a tree for the first time. They also had reindeer at the farm. (I'll post pictures of that later) Miles was actually more interested in their Nativity Scene than the reindeer. We set up the tree days later.. we wanted it to dry a little in the garage since it has been sprinkling lately. Saturday night, we drove out to Massachusetts for this Bright Night thing. It's supposed to be an area you drive through and see all of the Christmas lights. Not going to lie, it was a let down. The wait to drive in was ridiculously long but since we were already out there, we might as well wait it out. For the wait and the fact that you still needed to pay to drive through it, Tim and I were both disappointed in the actual decoration. The decorations were pretty minimal and very dated. Nonetheless, Miles enjoyed it so that was good.
We stopped at the gift shop to visit Santa. Like I've said, Miles loves Santa. Talks about him all the time. Points out anything related to Santa, even Christmas music (which is pretty interesting). Once we get to the gift shop, he sees Santa stuff and he says Santa! like usual. But once he actually saw Santa.. his eyes just got big and he was speechless and motionless. heh He was so star struck by Santa. At first, he just stood in front of Santa - not saying a word. He eventually kept saying Elmo to him once he sat on his lap. It was all too cute. Santa gave him a little coloring book which he held soo nicely once we were out of "Santa's house". The moment we left the gift shop, Miles instantly talked about Santa again! haha I want to remember that moment forever. We didn't feel like buying a picture this time.
I took this shot of Miles this morning and just wanted to share it. He was being so cutesy. Silly goose. He makes my day!


Love reading your posts and that picture is ADORABLE:) Happy Holiday
ReplyDeleteThanks Gemma! =)
DeleteHappy Holidays to you too!! I hope you're feeling well. How's baby #2? =)