Sunday, October 20, 2013

Welcome Maya & Severa!

Late night on Saturday, October 5th.. my water broke at home! This didn't happen with my first pregnancy so I was pretty surprised (and honestly, scared too). Tim & I headed to the hospital at almost midnight and realized that we will meet our baby girls soon!

Maya & Severa were born very early on Sunday, October 6th via C-Section. Baby A was still breech and Baby B was still transverse. I was actually also dilated so I experienced some contractions as well as having a CS. I had a scheduled CS for the 10th but I guess my girls wouldn't let someone else dictate their entrance to the world! =) The C-Section went really smoothly. I was pretty scared walking into the OR to get my spinal (Tim couldn't be with me at that time, joined me later on during the birth) but I had a great nurse that really helped comfort me through it before Tim was allowed inside. The OR is such a cold and bright place - I felt like I was in a spaceship. Anyway, I'm glad it went by quickly. Hearing Baby A's (Maya) first cry made everything better. When I first saw my girls, I was just so in awe. I still can't believe I have twin girls to this day. =) Such a surreal feeling. The girls are doing great at home. Their big brother, Miles, is giving them a lot of love and kisses. They like to sleep a lot during the days and are more active aka awake at night. It's so neat to see them each day and just see their similarities and differences! They are definitely fraternal twins - they have their own looks for sure! I'm excited to see what their personalities will be like as they get older and older. Tim and I are so thankful that everything turned out great with them and that they were born healthy. We had to stay one extra night at the hospital since the doctors wanted to monitor their weights a bit more, but other than that, it was all normal. It's definitely nicer to be home now than being in the hospital though!

I can't believe they are 2 weeks old today! ♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment