Monday, August 10, 2009

Busy Weekend

Tim and I drove to Michigan on Friday.. after he got home from work. Before heading out, we paid our security deposit for our new apartment! We'll be moving in at the end of the month. I'm excited =)

We stayed at my brother's house this weekend. That is always nice because we get to play with my niece Samara. She is so adorable and she loves her Tito Tim. I had to do some work stuff during the weekend too. Then the rest of the weekend were little kids' birthday parties. We weren't expecting that for sure =P There was a last minute birthday party for Samara too. haha (literally, last minute) She's turning 2 in a couple of weeks but her party got push
ed up so that little kids could attend it. So, her party was at Chuck E Cheese's on Sunday... and she loved it! It was so cute.

I made her a little frozen yogurt birthday cake, heh. She's allergic to so many things so I improvised. I made a crust similar to a graham cracker crust for pies, but instead, I used a rice cereal that she's not allergic to. It was similar to Captain Crunch cereal, but it was a Kroger brand. Then, I just filled the crust with frozen yogurt that I got from TCBY that, again, she can actually eat. =) The toppings/decor were cut up strawberrie
s, little cereal balls that were from the same box, and more crushed cereal for a border. It turned out cute at first but it was SO hot outside, by the time they took it from home to Chuck E Cheese, it was pretty soupy. hah But I loved Samara.. 'cause she still enjoyed it! That melted my heart. hehe =)

So, I'm going from one birthday party to the next. I'm heading out for California tomorrow morning. My nephew Ian is turning the Big One this Friday. =) I'm excited to spend some time with Ian an
d Lily this week. The kids in my family and Tim's family are all so adorable. We always have so much fun with 'em.

This month will fly by because there is so much to do! And then, it'll be Fall in no time! But for now, I'll keep trying to enjoy summer =)

Look at that smile!

Mara & Tito Tim at Chuck E Cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment