Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy 26th Birthday Tim!

Tim turned 26 today.. now he's closer to 30 than 20. haha (Just like me) =P He went to work today, so yesterday, I made him a chocolate cake to bring with him. It's like being in elementary school again when you bring a treat in because it's your birthday. (Do they still do that nowadays?) I guess that cake got devoured today - which was nice to hear. People enjoyed it. Tim ate well today. haha I made him breakfast and also prepared his lunch for him. His lunch was a chicken salad croissant sandwich and other things. I followed the Barefoot Contessa recipe for Chicken Salad Veronique.

For dinner, I wanted to make something a bit lighter. We had some gooood fried chicken last night at a local restaurant, so I wanted to counteract it a little. Tonight's menu consisted of a balsamic glazed salmon, with some cous cous and sauteed mushrooms. They all turned out pretty good. Tim enjoyed it. He had a pretty happy birthday today.. =)

Since Tim already brought a chocolate cake to work in, I didn't want to do another cake for his birthday dessert. I made 2 things inst
ead.. chocolate dipped strawberries and a Frozen Berries with Hot White Chocolate dessert. Both were delicious. So, I guess I didn't escape the chocolate part too much .. ; ) oh well, it's his birthday afterall.


Happy 26th Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment