Sunday, May 23, 2010

BIG Borrowed Babies Weekend

Friday night, my brother and 2 cousins drove down to visit us. It was my cousins' first time visiting our place - and of course, Tim and I wanted to make their first visit a nice one. I love love love how Tim and I entertain our guests. It's becoming more apparent that we really like to have people over and we love to cook different kinds of meals for them. And before the visitors arrive, Tim and I really think about what we want to serve them. It's really fun for us and I'm so glad that Tim helps out soo much during the whole time.
When they arrived laaate Friday night, I wanted to just have some snacks around for them. I made a cheese platter similar to the one I made for Tim on our anniversary. It was cute - Joey thought it was fake when it was on our coffee table. He cracked me up throughout the whole weekend.

The visit really revolved around food, like most visits people have here. Tim and I made breakfast for them the first morning - crepes. For lunch, we all went to a buffet at this gourmet food store called World Gourmet. They just started having a lunch buffet and it's amazing. My brother and I love it... he goes to eat there pretty often. =) But yeah, the food consists of different cultures - Indian, Sri Lankan, Middle Eastern, Italian, etc etc and for such a great price. Anyway, we loved our meal like usual. We all played tennis late Saturday night too. It was really nice to play tennis with everyone again, it reminded me of back in the day =) Tennis with my brothers and cousins... good times good times. This time, we had Tim with us! hehe Everyone is so good at tennis.. fun to watch.

After tennis, it was really late and the BIG Borrowed Babies were hungry. Tim and I made Blue Cheese Burgers, Onion Rings, and Salad with homemade croutons. Everyone enjoyed it. It was a really nice weekend. Good and hilarious conversations. And really relaxing too. The weather was really nice for their trip - and it's super muggy now!
Today, we made them breakfast and my oldest brother treated us to lunch at El Porton. El Porton is also a great restaurant in Bloomington - the best Mexican restaurant I have ever been to. Hands down. The food is just really legit and delicious.
So, that was the weekend. It was fun to hang out with the guys this weekend. I definitely laughed a lot - and ate a lot. hah =P Good times good times with the BIG Borrowed Babies. haha
 The Boys
Lunch Buffet at World Gourmet

No comments:

Post a Comment