Here's our first ultrasound .. it was so neat to see his/her little heartbeat soo fast!
The cute little round part on the left is the head..
Tim and I drove to Michigan on Friday afternoon and drove straight to dinner to meet up my family. We had Indian food and it was delicious. My cousin and friend, Kat & Carla, were at dinner too. That night, Tim and I wanted to tell them and my brother Herman the good news. Throughout the whole weekend, we had fun times telling family and friends in different ways. Very entertaining for us. hehe I made cards for Carla and Kat.. it was mostly an inside thing between me and Carla. She freaked out when she saw it. hehe And Kat was like "I KNEW IT!!" =) Tim just handed my brother Herman a picture of our first ultrasound of our cupcake. hehe He was like "huh.. whhhat??" Very cute. Carla made me some cupcakes and Kat got me a birthday cake! How awesome!!The cute little round part on the left is the head..
On Saturday, my actual birthday, my family and I drove to Frankenmuth, MI. We walked around a bit and my ma got some Christmas ornaments for the Christmas tree in the Philippines.
Later on, Tim's parents met us up there. My parents already knew the news from last weekend when Tim and I were in California. We all got group pictures taken with the Christmas stuff, the Nativity scene... and then Tim asked his dad to take a picture of us. So, we stand in front of the Nativity scene and Tim goes "Make sure you get the 3 of us." A little confused, Tim's dad paused.. so Tim repeats.. another time he pauses with a look.. Tim says it again and his dad takes a picture with a smile. He walks to us with a questioning look and Tim tells him I'm pregnant. All the while, Tim's mom was off to the side.. confused with the "3 of us" comment... was instructing his dad to take it from the side to get Baby Jesus in the picture. haha She later got it when Tim's dad was hugging us. =) My family just looked on, smiling the whole time. hehehe
It was a funny way of telling 'em. Very cute. Tim loved thinking of clever ways to announce it. I'll probably write in my real journal - all the ways we told people. heh
We had a lot of fun at Frankenmuth. Ate an early lunch there, walked around a bit .. After that, Tim's parents headed out and we went to Birch Run to go outlet shopping. hehe My parents got me a Le Creuset French Oven for my birthday. I love it and I'm really excited to use it.
Later on in the day, Tim and I hung out at his uncle's house. A lot of his family were there.. and they surprised me with an ice cream cake! I was definitely surprised! It was very sweet of them. Tim also announced it to everyone there that we're expecting too. A million hugs happened after that.
On Sunday, my parents, Tim and I went to church early in the morning. Then we did a bunch of errands after that. We also got to walk around a little bit at Meadowbrook at the Oakland University property. Such a pretty place. Very relaxing to walk around there.. Then Tim and I headed out to go back home. Tim stopped by Ann Arbor so I can get bubble tea. hehe My birthday bubble tea. And we ended up hanging out in Ann Arbor for a couple of hours. It was a really nice evening. Tim got me some Michigan gear and we walked around and listened to a guy play the cello on campus. It was beautiful. Perfect night to end the weekend with. I loved it so much. The drive back home was a bit rough since we got back so so late. Thanks to Tim for driving the whole way! (I had no choice, I can't drive his car...) But all in all, I loved this birthday.



Oh Grace and Tim.... :) i'm so happy for you guys! Congratulations again!
ReplyDelete-Marilen
Thanks Marilen! =)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun way to spend your birthday!! :) Also, I got all teary-eyed at the "make sure to get all 3 of us" idea....frickin' PERFECT!!! :) :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Bridgette. I thought it was really cute of him to do that. =) And yeah, I absolutely loved this birthday. Definitely memorable.
ReplyDelete