We headed out for Michigan on Thursday evening.. and Tim surprised me with a stay at a Bed & Breakfast in Saugatuck, Michigan. We've never stayed at a B&B before and we've always wanted to - so it was a cute & sweet experience to go during this trip. It was nice to break up the trip/drive this way too! Our room was cute - we had a view of the water which was pretty cool. I think we have Spring Fever, because we really didn't expect the weather to be cold.. but it was pretty cool - especially close to the water. Very windy! We arrived there late so we really didn't do much that night except drive out to Holland for dinner. We got to hang out a little bit in the small downtown the next day - walked around the cute shops. After that, we headed out again to my brother's place. Being prego and driving that much was definitely... an experience. I tried to do some stretches and whatnot during the drive. Helped a little.. just a little. heh My back is more achy now. And the top part of my ribs on the right side ache a lot.. he tends to kick up there. Ugh. =P It hurts to laugh, sneeze, sniffle.. everything. Oy oy.
We got to my brother's fairly late on Friday night.. and we had time to just go out to dinner at National Coney Island. (I have been craving a hani from National's for months!) It was delicious. =) Then we just headed home and relaxed there.. watched a movie on Netflix. The next morning, Tim and I made a belated birthday breakfast for my brother. Our cousins also came over for breakfast and they even brought cake! It was really nice to hang out with everyone.
After breakfast, Tim and I headed out again.. this time to visit his parents. We hung out there for the rest of the weekend. It was nice to just relax once we drove somewhere. Relax and eat. hah We got to enjoy some "Dough Balls" in Cass City.. a hometown specialty. It was my first time trying them. They were pretty yummy. I'm super sure they're not healthy for you - but details details. =) On Sunday, we headed out to go back home.. and pretty much drove during the beginning of the Snow Storm #2 for the year. It was crazy! We saw so many cars either stuck on the shoulders or hit in an accident. We definitely just took our time and sludge through. We were glad that the weather in Illinois was fine.. it was rainy or just completely dry. Helped the end of the drive a lot.
All in all, Tim and I had a really nice weekend. Time is flying by and pretty soon our super active baby boy will be here. So much to do before he arrives. But we are definitely getting more and more excited! Hopefully the weather gets nicer and nicer... though it's supposed to snow tonight. Ug. =P
On the balcony of our room


I had bad backache after we came back from Michigan during Christmas time! Long drive is not fun any more! I hope you feel better!
ReplyDeleteHow is the baby doing? Too much kicking?
Heh yeah, I'm feeling a little better.. part of the process right? =) hehe
ReplyDeleteThe baby is doing good! He moves around a lot, I love it. hah =)
How's your baby girl? I'm excited to see her soon!!