Monday, March 14, 2011

Our Baby Shower

We had our baby shower this past Saturday. It was a great turnout and I think everyone had a nice time - and ate well. =) I had such a good time seeing everyone. Everything looked so lovely. Earlier in the week and the day of, it was pretty busy busy but it all turned out nicely. Tim and I liked the combination of food at the party. Both of our mothers made a couple of different dishes - Arabic and Filipino dishes. My mother made Pansit (Filipino noodles with chicken & veggies) and Lumpia (small fried egg rolls with meat & veggies). Tim's mother made stuffed grape leaves and Kousa (rice & meat stuffed squash). All were so good. I made mac & cheese. hehe The desserts were also a combo of Filipino(cassava cake), Arabic(baklava), and American(cakes & cupcakes). heh It all looked cute. We had a ton of different desserts to choose from. Great eye candy. hehe The food was eaten up pretty quickly because they were all so delicious. I made the giveaway favors for the party. I made some chocolate covered pretzels and some rice krispy treats - all were packaged in little treat bags. =) I was happy with 'em.


Tim and I are getting more excited about our baby. The shower definitely set the reality of things. We have a month left until our due date. We are so grateful to everyone who attended and helped out for the shower. It was really nice to see so many people. We are so thankful for all of the gifts and sweet wishes.


We had such a nice time hanging out with my family too. My sister and family arrived on Thursday and my brothers & cousin came Friday. It was a lot of fun playing with my niece Lily and nephew Ian. They crack me up. =) So so cute. The apartment is so quiet without those 2 now. The kids at the shower were all precious too. I loved seeing them play together so nicely. So precious.


It was a great weekend.


2 comments:

  1. It seems that you had a great time! :)
    Congratulations and hope to see you soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeahh! It was a lot of fun. I wish you guys could have made it. I hope Mena is doing better.. I heard he had a fever. And Congrats to you.. only a few more days!! =)

    ReplyDelete