Thursday, October 20, 2011

Playing at Home

Miles and I had a lot of together time this week since Tim had to go to Indiana for training. It was fun and somewhat tiring at the same time. I think Miles is going through the 6 month growth spurt since he's been fussy, whiny, taking shorter naps lately and waking up more frequently at night this week. Yeahhh, fun times. =P I think he is going through that stage of separation anxiety too. Anytime I'd sit him in his rocker or leave the room, he'd start whining/crying. And with this *cold* rainy weather, we've been stuck inside a lot more. But we've definitely had fun though. We played at home a lot more, had more time to just roll around, play with his toys, and read books. He enjoys reading books at night, it's pretty cute to see him turn the pages in an excited way. =) Miles also likes dancing around with me and also watching me dance (like a silly crazy lady!) in the kitchen. It's fun.

The weather was nicer today than the past few days, so we took the opportunity to go out. We went to lunch with a friend of mine and we also visited my former coworkers. They love seeing Miles and they would walk around the office with him. I'm glad that Miles is pretty good with other people still. The whole "stranger danger" anxiety hasn't hit him..yet.

Miles is getting more and more active by the day. It's so cool to watch him explore and roll over. He reaches for things when we're on the floor playing and also when I'm changing his diaper, he's very squirmy now. Makes for an interesting diaper change experience. =P This week, I noticed Miles has been understanding what I'm saying more and more. Whenever I ask him "Where's the balloon?", he'd turn his head & body and try to find the balloon until he finds it. So fun! I'm such a proud mama! =)



No comments:

Post a Comment