Sunday, July 28, 2013

Farmers Markets, Blueberry Picking, and the Movies!

We packed in so many activities this weekend! Friday, after Tim got home from work - we did some errands by starting to get some baby stuff for home. We also tried out a new Indian restaurant that a friend recommended. At the restaurant, there was a family that came in with twin baby boys. They sat at the table next to us, and Miles kept watching the 2 babies. He cared about them and hushed himself since the babies were sleeping. =) It was cute.

Saturday, we started the day early and picked up something I bought from Craigslist. After that, we went to a Farmers Market at a nearby city. It was so hot and sunny but we had a good time nonetheless. The market was at a park, so we also walked to the playground and Miles got to play a little. There was also a baseball game going on, so we walked over and watched some of it. Miles was so into it. I love seeing him sit up straight and paying attention to everything in the game. Later on, we went home and started to do some cleaning and de-cluttering around the house. We want to get rid of stuff we don't need anymore so we can make space for all of the baby stuff we do need. 

Sunday, we went to another farmers market. This farmers market is one of the most popular farmers market in Connecticut. I mainly wanted to go there to attend a Babywearers Group meeting. I want to learn and be more comfortable using a baby wrap. I used a Moby Wrap with Miles a handful of times but I don't think I ever truly got comfortable with it. Hopefully by seeing more women use it properly, I can get more confident with it. There was a Fife & Drum event going on at the market and that was fun to watch. We also enjoyed some food at the market for lunch.
After the market, we drove to a blueberry farm and picked our own blueberries. Miles had soo much fun picking blueberries. It was so cute to see him walk around with his bucket - picking and eating blueberries! I heard him giggle and say "yumm!" many times. It was so funny. He didn't want to leave.




Later on, we went home for a little bit and cleaned some more and ate dinner - using stuff we got from both of the farmers markets. We surprised Miles with a little treat and took him to the movie theater. He was so happy throughout the whole experience. He was laughing so hard - I'm pretty sure everyone could hear his laugh! He loved eating the popcorn. He had a smile on his face 99% of the time. It was so cute. We watched Monsters University. Miles was really into it whenever we would see any pictures or toys from it, so he was pretty familiar with the characters already. I was a little iffy about him actually getting scared of the movie, but he cracked up so much throughout. He also brought his "baby" with him to the movie. His baby (the blue penguin) is fairly new. He's had that penguin for awhile but recently, he has noted her as his baby and called her "Maya" =) He puts his baby to sleep and covers her with a blanket. He has 2 babies.. the other baby is the giraffe. He plays with the penguin more though. =) He's so cute and sweet about the 2 babies - we're very excited to see how he'll interact with his sisters in the future.

We had a very busy and fun-packed weekend. It was great spending time with Miles and Tim this weekend. I'm 28 weeks pregnant .. so we're trying to soak in some family of 3 time as much as we can before things get really busy with babies =)


No comments:

Post a Comment