This past weekend, we had no plans other than a hospital/maternity ward tour on Sunday - which was great. It was nice to just have a lazy morning on Saturday and get up whenever. We decided we would go to Hartford and check out the Jazz Festival going on, but during the drive, Miles fell asleep. Since Miles hardly naps, we like to keep him sleeping whenever he does doze off. So, we kept driving. Eventually, Tim asked if I wanted to head west. Surewhynot. So, we drove heading towards Kent Falls. We first saw and randomly stopped at Mohawk State Park and then we headed to Kent Falls State Park. We hung out there for a bit. Miles played soccer and we saw the falls. There were a lot of families at Kent Falls State Park bbq-ing and just hanging out. After that, we started to head back east. We saw and stopped at Arethusa Farm Dairy to get some ice cream/milkshake. It was such a preppy area. The ice cream and milk shake there were all tasty. We also bought some chocolate milk to bring home. Tim shared his ice cream cone with Miles because their scoops were pretty significant! Miles made a friend instantly inside, this little girl ended up telling me that "he's so cute" =) They ended up playing together inside the ice cream shop and also outside while we were all eating our treats. We got home fairly late and Miles was zonked out after our spur of the moment road trip.
On Sunday, we had a tour of the hospital/maternity ward that I will give birth at - St. Francis Hospital in Hartford. We dropped Miles off at a friend's house before going to the tour - she has 2 young boys, so Miles barely missed us and had a great time playing with his friends. The tour was really good - I was impressed by the hospital and their sense of family-centric values and also how they talked about breastfeeding & skin-to-skin time. It's nice to see that kind of information shared and encouraged. Also, I'm 27 weeks pregnant now.. into my 3rd trimester! I can't believe it's already my last trimester. I'm getting more excited and scared about it all. I'm definitely giddy to see the girls but I've been getting nervous about everything every now and then. Keep on praying and thinking positive...

You guys are so cute :) Can't wait until the girls are included in your travels. Are you having a c-section or trying to birth naturally with them? I am always think about you guys :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Gemma =) I'm not sure how much travels we *will* have when the girls arrive ;) hehe So far, my Dr. and I are thinking it'll be a natural birth. So, we'll see. Thank you so much! I love reading your updates as well.
ReplyDelete