Right after the IBM Rational conference, I flew straight to Nashville. Tim drove down to Tennessee and picked me up at the airport. After that, we headed out to Bonnaroo! This was my 2nd time going and Tim's 3rd. We had a great time this year. We saw a lot of great shows - unforgettable. This year, compared to my first time going, was definitely hotter and more packed. There were soo many people this year. And the heat was just ridiculous. But you take the good with the bad, everything made the experience. I love going to Bonnaroo with Tim - we had a lot of fun together. We got to see Trombone Shorty, Norah Jones, MSI, Michael Franti & Spearhead, The Flaming Lips, Weezer, Stevie Wonder, Jay Z, Ingrid Michaelson and Blues Traveler (only Tim, I decided to stay indoors in the shade). The Flaming Lips, Stevie Wonder, and Jay Z all had amazing performances. They all knew how to entertain. Tim and I were in pretty good spots for those 3 concerts. A bit far for Stevie Wonder and Jay Z, but we could still see what's going on. I loved all of the concerts we attended. We also go to see some comedians... Aziz Ansari and the 2 people that opened for him were hilarious too. We even got to watch a bit of basketball and soccer while we were there.
Bonnaroo is a great and interesting experience. The combination of things you have to go through (camping, the heat, walking, the HEAT, using urinals, the crowd) - can really be horrible, but if you enjoy the music, you just end up loving the whole festival even more. Listening to so many great artists in one long weekend is just awesome - a very memorable experience. I'm glad Tim and I decided to go this year.. Tim is great to go to music events with. He knows how to get to the good spots. heh We had a lot of fun. I loved it.
At our campsite
The Flaming Lips had an amazing show
Watching Norah Jones .. RIDICULOUSLY HOT at this moment
Tim with his headband =) hehe I like it!
Enjoy some of our videos:
This is a loud video. But I just wanted to show that The Flaming Lips are just true rock stars. Millions of confetti everywhere. Very surreal. Felt like we were in an snow globe. Amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment