Thursday, July 1, 2010

Friendly Visit

Three of my friends drove down to Bloom yesterday and spent the night. Whenever we have people over, we always want them to feel relaxed and comfy. I like making meals for them and creating an atmosphere that is just inviting and relaxing. Carla, Daisy, and Michael arrived around lunch time and I took them to World Gourmet for their lunch buffet. It was really nice going there. The owners are sweet and one of 'em was saying he missed my brother, Tim and me. My brother and I used to go there allllll the time when they first started having buffets. My brother is in the Philippines right now, so it's been a little while since he's eaten there. Anyway, the meal was good as always. They were starting to run out of stuff mainly because it close to the end of their lunch buffet times. My friends still enjoyed it. We also got some Green Tea Mochi to go. Yummy.


And for the rest of the day, we just hung out at our apartment. Tim got home a little earlier than usual and I made a nice Roasted Chicken dinner for everyone. It was pretty tasty. I'm always a fan of Barefoot Contessa, that's for sure. I haven't made this roasted chicken in a few months, so it was nice to eat it again. Afterward, we walked down to this cute wine cafe, A. Renee Wine Cafe. We all just got a drink and some nosh. A nice chill evening. Walked around downtown and checked out Colley's Chess Cafe too, played a little bit of chess & checkers there. That was a fun time.


They didn't stay long. They left about thirty minutes ago. But I think they had a good time - refreshed a bit. Today, we really just ate breakfast, walked a bit and then ate lunch and cupcakes. They love the Mexican restaurant close by called El Porton. It really is one of the most authentic Mexican restaurants I have ever been to. It's just so good. We were pretty stuffed from that lunch but such a great deal too! Woo!


So yeah, that was our little friendly visit. It's always great seeing my friends here. I'm glad I get to be able to do this a lot. It really is just relaxing and refreshing to hang out with them.
Dinner @ The Khoury Residence
Wine, Bellinis, & Nosh at A. Renee Wine Cafe
Thanks Mr. Lincoln, for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment