Sunday, July 18, 2010

Fun & Full Weekend

Tim and I did another 5K Race this weekend. Saturday morning, we headed to Stanford, IL and did the Marion Nafziger 5K Run/Walk. It had a big turnout and people were pretty fast! Tim did well and I did ok. Heh. It got pretty hot pretty early on Saturday. But I'm so glad we both did this race. We needed something like this on our schedule.


It was nice to be out and about early on a Saturday. We felt productive =) Once we got back home, we relaxed and walked to the Farmers Market for a little bit and hung out around town. We met some nice people at our neighbor's gallery and chitchatted with them for a bit. Later in the day, we headed over to our neighbor's actual house for their potluck party. It was a really fun time. We got to meet some cool people and eat some good food. People liked the chocolate cake I brought =) We hung out there for a good amount of time. But I'm pretty excited to have met the people I did meet. We had a bunch in common. And our friends' backyard is just so nice to hang out in. Very peaceful and artsy - just perfect for gatherings like that one. Later that night, Tim and I hung out with his coworker around downtown. That was fun - we don't usually do that around here, so it was nice to just go out.
Today, Tim and I got to go to church finally. We've been away from home almost every weekend and we never get to go to church - so it was nice to do that this weekend. Then in the afternoon, Tim and I went to a Cornbelters Baseball game with his "little" brother. (Tim is a part of Big Brothers/Big Sisters) It was our first time going to that stadium. It was really nice. We got to sit in the box seats (in the shade!), so it was a really fun time. The weather was perfect and the wind made me pretty sleepy. (I'm not exactly the biggest baseball fan....) It was nice though. I like going to baseball games for the overall experience and not necessarily for the game itself. =P



No comments:

Post a Comment