Thursday, September 12, 2013

My 30th Birthday!

Yesterday was my birthday, the big 3-0. If someone would have told me that I'd be celebrating my 30th birthday with a husband, a 2 year old, and twin girls in my belly - I would be like "yeahh right" But life is awesome like that and will surprise you. I spent my actual birthday relaxing at home with Miles, reading sweet comments and birthday greetings on Facebook, and getting phone calls or text messages from friends and family. And I also got flowers and gifts in the mail! It was perfect and touching. 

When Tim got home, we went out for dinner. He didn't tell me where we were going and just drove. We ate at Apricot's Restaurant for the first time. We've driven by this restaurant before, especially when we first move to Connecticut but it always felt like a place that we should dress up in. It's a nice restaurant - quaint and cute. The food was delicious. We ate upstairs which was pretty nice. There was a family in the next table that thought Miles was so well-behaved that they told their waitress that they will cover our desserts! It was so sweet and random. We ended up talking to them for a little bit and they were such a sweet family.

After dinner, we went home and tucked Miles into bed. Tim actually had more surprises for me. He gave me so many thoughtful presents that included a pair of awesome colored Nikes, Lean In book that I've been wanting to read, comfy sandals, and last but definitely not least, original and custom artwork that depicted our family. I was very touched and surprised by the last gift. It was perfect. The artist, Sheila Asbell Allen, is from Bloomington, Illinois and my first piece I got from her was Tim's 1st anniversary present to me years ago. Tim really outdid himself this year and it made me smile very much. =) I thought the weekend was my birthday surprise and which I was totally happy with. My actual birthday was very memorable and such a wonderful way to start my 30s. I'm very grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday! I also LOVE your new artwork :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Gemma! =) I almost got teary when I got it. hehe I love it too.

    ReplyDelete