Before flying out to DC today, Tim and I drove to Chicago on Saturday to hang out with family and friends. Before Chicago, we stopped and hung out with Tim's brother and sister-in-law, Joseph & Katie, and their kids. They did a days worth of rock climbing. I decided to just watch (for some reason) but still had a great time with all of them. Gabe, our 4 year old nephew, was so cute while he was climbing. He was so good! And Grace, was just frickin' adorable the whole time. We got to hang out more while everyone was climbing. She's so cute.
After rock climbing, we headed to the city to meet up with my college friend Kyle. He was my first friend at U of M.. other than the ones that went to my HS. He moved to New Zealand after our college graduation and I haven't seen him since, so it was nice to hang out with him on Friday. Us three went to a great restaurant called Longman & Eagle. The food, the drinks, were all delicious. I wasn't in the mood to drink anything but water, but it was great to watch them make their drinks. They were really meticulous and proud of what they were making. It was great to see. And the food, was definitely not an exception. It was delicious and you can tell the chefs were just as meticulous as the bartenders. It was a great meal with great people and great conversations.
After hanging out with Kyle, Tim and I headed over to our friend Michael's place for a party. We haven't hung out with him in awhile, so it was nice to see him again. Tim got to hang out on their rooftop. I was too chicken and tired to climb the fire ladder outside. =P I didn't trust that ladder, to be honest. After that party, Tim and I headed to The Underground Lounge to see Tim's friend Marcus perform - he played the guitar and sang. He was really good. The lounge was just this small bar with a stage. Reminds me of going to punk shows in high school. By this time, I was just soo tired. We headed to Tim's brother's house to sleep for a couple of hours before getting up to get ready to go to the airport. Yes, I said a couple of hours. =P So yeah, that was mine and Timmyk's Saturday. It was a lot of fun and just filled with different things. We loved it. And now I'm in Washington DC for the week for a conference. I miss Tim already....

No comments:
Post a Comment