Sunday, August 15, 2010

Indianapolis Celebration!

We headed down to Indianapolis on Friday evening to meet up some friends for a weekend celebration. My oldest brother is heading to the Philippines in a few days - he'll be there more than the US for now on, so some Benchmark Logic people wanted to have a celebration. There were 8 of us that met up. Just hung out in Indianapolis... We had a short business meeting for Benchmark Logic and got to see their public library which was really amazing on Saturday morning. At night, we hung out in the yuppy area of Indianapolis, Broad Ripple.

Yesterday, we walked around in the muggy heat. Enjoyed lunch at a German restaurant - Rathskeller. It was good. I had a tasty french onion soup and their salted pretzel. There was a bike race going on, and in one section they had a mini race for little kids. It was sooo cute.

The rest of the group did a segway tour around this nice park in Indianapolis. Tim and I ended up not doing it. But we heard it was a ton of fun. (And so much cheaper than the Chicago segway tours) They even have gondolas here too, maybe we'll do that later today. Last night, Tim and I walked around the center plaza of downtown. It's a really nice area. There's lots of people walking and I love the monument in the center. Actually, I really love all of the many monuments around Indianapolis. After that, we hung out with the rest of the group at Jillian's... similar to GameWorks and just played a lot of their games there. I think the favorite was the basketball shooting game. I love that one. 

All in all, it's been a great weekend in Indianapolis.

Today is mine & Tim's 2 year engagement anniversary. hehe It was nice to go somewhere for the weekend and celebrate multiple stuff. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment