Busy busy the past few days. It's been great hanging out with my brother. Didn't feel too well, so I called in to my part time job, but other than it's still been busy. Tim and I were planning on hosting the working session dinner for BML on Tuesday.. and since more people were coming this time, we wanted to make it nice. In a way, it was like my Pre-Thanksgiving meal... Since I won't be making a Thanksgiving meal this week, I decided this one will be it for me. Tim has been wanting pork tenderloin for awhile and I've been doing chicken since it was just "easier." (Not necessarily) Anyway, I wanted to do a Roasted Pork Loin. I made one using Giada's recipe. I've done it once before - and this time, I tweaked it up a little bit. Especially the cooking time since I got a larger piece than what the recipe called for. I also used less balsamic vinegar for the vinaigrette 'cause last time it was just a bit overpowering.
Anyway, the meal was a hit. Everyone loved it and ate a bunch. We got a lot of nice compliments, which was sweet. A not-so-much-pork-eater even liked it! =) I really liked it too. I'm always a bit iffy with pork.. either, it's too pink for me or too dry. Really hard to have it just right and I think last night, I got it just right. I was very happy with it. It was tasty and juicy. The sauce was a great add to it. I loved it, actually. Key lesson learned, I let it rest for awhile. And letting it rest, helped us get everything else ready, so it was a win-win.
And this morning, I also found out some great news. My sister-in-law is pregnant! She's going to the doctor tomorrow to confirm. So yeah, another 2011 baby!! =) I'm very excited and happy for Kuya Warly and Ate Carla. =)

No comments:
Post a Comment